Monday, September 17, 2007

Week 8-Things 18 & 19

Thing 18

I looked at Google Docs and really like it. The advantage to this is that you can compose something on one computer and then open it up on another computer half way around town. Nice.....I particularly liked Google Calendar. You can create your own personal calendar and then add to it either from private information from yourself or you can add to your personal calendar from public calendars that are available from the Google Calendar site. Some of these public calendars include the release dates for Netflix movies...very nice.

Thing 19

I looked at the Web 2.0 awarded sites and particularly liked kayak.com. This is a travel site. One of the neat things about this site is the flight information. You can put in information about a flight you want to take and you can get all the results from Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz in one list. Neat. I will definitely use this with library customers and for myself.

No comments: